Theme images by kelvinjay. Powered by Blogger.

This is war propaganda

This is war propaganda
A 2013 Mondoweiss article exposing how war propaganda gets a "makeover". The same military action is rebranded for media: "targeted operation" instead of "bombing", "self-defense" instead of "aggression". Goal: reshape public perception and sell the war.

COVERT WAR ON TERROR Yemen: reported US covert action 2012

COVERT WAR ON TERROR Yemen: reported US covert action 2012
2012 report on reported US covert operations in Yemen as part of the "War on Terror". The article discusses secret military actions, drone strikes, and how they were covered in media. Source: bladalarb.blogspot.com

CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY

CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY
CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY Article from Brussels Tribunal calling on global activists, intellectuals, and movements to unite in solidarity with Iraq and against occupation. Source: brussellstribunal.org

Saddam’s VP, Izzat ad-Douri: Maliki follows Iran’s agenda to divide Iraq /Video)

Saddam’s VP, Izzat ad-Douri: Maliki follows Iran’s agenda to divide Iraq /Video)
2013 video statement by Saddam's former VP Izzat ad-Douri. He accuses PM Maliki of following Iran's agenda to divide Iraq. Source: bladalarb.blogspot.com

BOOKS ON IRAQ

BOOKS ON IRAQ
click Pic.

The US War crimes on Iraq

The US War crimes on Iraq
How much they hate Iraq and why?

War in Mali : STOP THIS

War in Mali : STOP THIS
CLICK PHOTO

War in Syria : STOP THIS

War in Syria : STOP THIS
CLICK PHOTO

Welcome to Kuala Lumpur Foundation to Criminalise War

Welcome to Kuala Lumpur Foundation to Criminalise War
Kuala Lumpur Foundation to Criminalise War The Foundation promotes justice and accountability for war crimes. It seeks to bring political and military leaders responsible for aggression and crimes against humanity to an international tribunal.

Criminalize War - War is about killing, massive killing

Criminalize War - War is about killing, massive killing
A - List of killed Iraqi academics

"Kill Anything That Moves"

"Kill Anything That Moves"
Military Doctrine Began in Vietnam

How the Pentagon is hiding the dead The secret campaign to undercount the ‘war on terror’ death tol

How the Pentagon is hiding the dead The secret campaign to undercount the ‘war on terror’ death tol
CLICK The PIC

U.S. Officials Guilty of War Crimes

U.S. Officials Guilty of War Crimes
for the Iraq War

The Massacre of Al-Amiriyah Shelter Remembered – 2/10/13

The Massacre of Al-Amiriyah Shelter Remembered – 2/10/13
click Pic

PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH

PILOTS FOR 9/11 TRUTH
Now available

US War Crimes

US War Crimes
Coverup of Extensive War Crimes

Barack Obama : A Gigantic Fraud upon the American People

Barack Obama : A Gigantic Fraud upon the American People
Clik Pict.

The victims of Fallujah's health crisis are stifled by western silence

The victims of Fallujah's health crisis are stifled by western silence
To research a possible link between US bombardment and rates of birth defects and pediatric cancer in Iraq is a moral imperative

If Americans Knew

If Americans Knew
UN Resolutions Targeting Israel and the Palestinians

40% of Palestinian Children Detained by Israel Sexually Abused; Virtually All Tortured

40% of Palestinian Children Detained by Israel Sexually Abused; Virtually All Tortured
Click Pict.

The Iraq War began when

The Iraq War began when
CLICK PC.

Israeli soldiers raid Al Aqsa courtyard, attack worshipers

Israeli soldiers raid Al Aqsa courtyard, attack worshipers
CLICK The PIC

#CrowdActivism 911 Mass Arrests!

#CrowdActivism 911 Mass Arrests!
Click for RAW Evidence DECIDE *now*!

War Crimes Are US

War Crimes Are US
Depleted Uranium weapons: Why shouldn’t it be a war crime to poison civilians with radiation?

The Iraqi weapons of mass destruction

The Iraqi weapons of mass destruction
Found at last! After searching for 10 years, the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction have finally been found – in Syria

The Mother of All Battles The Endless U.S.-Iraq War

The Mother of All Battles The Endless U.S.-Iraq War
Book by Jeff Archer

MASS Graves uncovered accidentally unveiling true dangers of iranian backed militias in iraq

MASS Graves uncovered accidentally unveiling true dangers of iranian backed militias in iraq
REPORT Foreign Relations Bureau - Iraq - United Kingdom

Get the REAL DEAL

CLICK TO VISIT

operation iraqi freedom

operation iraqi freedom
click PC

LIST OF KILLED IRAQI ACADEMICS

LIST OF KILLED IRAQI ACADEMICS
ASSASSINATED IRAQI MEDIA PROFESSIONALS

International Lawyers Seek Justice for Iraqis

International Lawyers Seek Justice for Iraqis
Sabah al-Mukhtar is the president of the Arab Lawyers Association and chair of the Iraq Commission

A World Appeal to Anti-war Forces: STAND WITH IRAQ!

A World Appeal to Anti-war Forces: STAND WITH IRAQ!
click the photo

Engineering solution for Radioactive Waste in IRAQ

Engineering solution for Radioactive Waste in IRAQ
Engineering Solution for Radioactive Waste in IRAQ

Wikileaks Iraq: data journalism maps every death

Wikileaks Iraq: data journalism maps every death
Iraq war logs release has dumped some 391,000 records

Report on Status of Iraq

Report on Status of Iraq
Government War Crimes in Anbar Province

Historical Analysis of the Global Elite: Ransacking the World Economy Until ‘You’ll Own Nothing.’

COVERT WAR ON TERROR Yemen: reported US covert action 2012

COVERT WAR ON TERROR Yemen: reported US covert action 2012

Sir Henry Kissinger: Midwife to New Babylon

Sir Henry Kissinger: Midwife to New Babylon
The moment Kissinger’s last breath left his corpse, media commentators lost no time running out the gates, either singing songs of slavish praise about the “great liberal statesman”clik Pict.

Action in Ghent 16 March. 7000 posters were distributed by 70 volunteers. A lot of "Justice For Ira

Beyond Torture U.S. Violations of Occupation Law in Iraq

Beyond Torture U.S. Violations of Occupation Law in Iraq
A report by the Center for Economic and Social Rights

Iraqi Children: Deprived Rights, Stolen future

Iraqi Children: Deprived Rights, Stolen future
click PIC

Syria News - August 16, 2013 (Warning: Graphic Videos)

Syria News - August 16, 2013 (Warning: Graphic Videos)
Local Coordination Committees of Syria + Videos

Letter From Yemen by Felicity Arbuthnot + Defining Drone Deaths in Yemen

Handwritten letter from President Saddam Hussein to the American people. 7 July 2006.

Handwritten letter from President Saddam Hussein to the American people. 7 July 2006.
To the American people:

Saddam Hussein refuses to sell out Iraq.

Saddam Hussein refuses to sell out Iraq.
Saddam Hussein refuses to sell out Iraq. Egyptian Magazine publishes transcript of meeting in prison between Saddam Hussein and Donald Rumsfeld.

Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations

Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations
Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (23 - 29 May 2013)

Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (05 - 12 Jun

Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (05 - 12 Jun
The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR)

IRAKDOSSIER in DE WERELD MORGEN: verschillende Engelstalige artikels die op deze website staan, wer

» »Unlabelled » 23 Days in Israeli Jails: A Palestinian Student Real Life Story

23 Days in Israeli Jails: A Palestinian Student Real Life Story

by  
Twenty–three days is the amount of time that I spent in an Israeli jail. Twenty-three days seems like a small part of a person’s life, but it was enough time to change the rest of mine.
I want to share my experiences of the twenty-three days that I spent in jail; how I dealt with what I saw there and the people whom I met. For twenty-three days my freedom was stolen. Other Palestinians are not so lucky. They don’t know if they will ever be free.
One cold night in March, I threw myself on my bed after a hard day at the university. It was raining heavily outside, the weather was cold. I was tired enough to go sleep early. I didn’t know what awaited me the next day; my thoughts were focused on how I would get to the university the next day in the cold weather. I had many exams that week and I was worried about getting good grades.
Because I was tired, it didn’t take more than a moment until my eyes closed and I fell asleep.
What felt like a second later, my eyes opened again.I wish they had not. Suddenly there was a noise I couldn’t recognize. A huge sound shook my house; I would later find out that the sound was the front door of my home being broken into.
I thought it was a nightmare. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, a soldier was aiming his gun at me. It felt like a dream. I closed my eyes for the last time and then opened them again. The soldier was still there.
He spoke in a language that I didn’t understand. I stood up and saw a group of soldiers holding my brothers, shouting and forcing them to come into my room.
I realized someone was going to be arrested. I identified the soldiers as the Israeli army. I still couldn’t understand what they were saying to us, but suddenly I heard my name. They wanted to arrest me, but why? I hadn’t done anything wrong.
One of the soldiers took me to another room; he took off my clothes and inspected me thoroughly. I was wearing pajamas, which of course would not protect me from the cold. I asked them in English to take me to the bathroom. When I went, they came with me.
I saw my family together in one room. The soldiers prevented them from leaving or talking. My six year old sister looked at them with fear, but I was relieved because she wasn’t crying. Then I saw soldiers searching a room and throwing everything outside. I also noticed one of the doors was broken; it seemed caused by the soldiers’ violent entrance into our home. When I reached the bathroom they aimed their guns at me. I couldn’t understand why. Maybe they thought that I would jump out the window of the bathroom, maybe even fly out of the fifth floor, where we live. They took me to another room of our house. I looked at the clock; it was two in the morning.
Suddenly, I heard a soldier calling me. He was speaking Arabic. He identified himself as the officer in charge. He asked me for some personal information then informed me that I was now a detainee. I asked him to let me wear something warmer. He told me to not worry. They put me in a chair, and tied my hands tight behind my back. I almost shouted from the pain, but I kept silent. Then I saw a soldier carrying my laptop, and another soldier holding some of my things. They blindfolded me. I couldn’t move or see, but I could still hear the officer speaking to my family. I heard my father say, “We are not thieves. If you had knocked on the door, we would have opened it. You didn’t have to break in; we didn’t do anything that would make you break into our home in this violent way.”
I heard the officer apologize and say that he wasn’t responsible for what the other soldiers did. I couldn’t understand how he could claim he wasn’t responsible, when he was the officer in charge. It didn’t make any sense.
I heard my mother argue with soldiers loudly, I couldn’t understand what she was saying. She was too far away, but she seemed very angry.
One of the soldiers draped a jacket on my back. I couldn’t wear it properly because my hands were tied. I later found out that my mother had been screaming at the soldiers to let me wear my jacket. Then, one of the soldiers took me with him. I realized then that this was not a dream, they were really arresting me.
When we reached the door, I heard my mother’s voice calling me. Although I couldn’t see her, I turned to her as she said, “Be strong, don’t be afraid.” I couldn’t deny that I was scared since the first moment I realized what was happening, but now I wasn’t afraid. My mother had given me back my confidence. I hadn’t done anything in order to be arrested, and I was sure that I would come back soon. I didn’t answer my mother, I only smiled. I thought that the smile would be enough. Then the soldiers took me away.

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply