Wednesday 2 December 2015

Help save my home from settlers‏

Help save my home from settlers‏



In days, my children, grandchildren and I could be pushed out of our home in Jerusalem by Israeli settlers and security forces. Public pressure has helped postpone the eviction so far, and on Thursday we are marching to urge EU and US representatives to intervene and help protect our home. Add your name to the urgent petition -- we will represent everyone’s voices at the march: 

SIGN THE PETITION
Dear friends,

My name is Nora and I’m a grandmother living in the Muslim Quarter of the old City of Jerusalem. In days my children, grandchildren and I could lose our home to Israeli settlers and security forces. They are trying their hardest to push us out, andI’m writing to you today because I urgently need everyone’s help to stop them. 

Back in April, Avaaz members in Palestine signed a petition demanding for this decision to be reversed, and public pressure is one of the main reasons the eviction has been postponed. But now officials are in their final stages of deciding, and if we show them that thousands of people are standing with my family, we could get them to drop the case entirely and let us stay in our home. 

Tomorrow, we are marching across Jerusalem to the EU and US representatives urging them to intervene and help protect our land.Add your name to help save our home in Jerusalem -- we will have banners at the march showing the number of supporters behind us: 

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/help_me_save_my_home_mena_loc/?byOwGhb&v=70364&cl=9089981291

Our family has lived in this home for decades. I worked hard to ensure my children received a decent education. My two oldest sons dedicate their lives working for human rights. My daughter is a university student. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my grandchildren who are 9 and 2 years old growing up in our family home. I pray for a peaceful future for them and my heart aches when I think we could all be evicted from our home in the coming days. 

We’re being evicted because a settler organization, Ateret Cohanim, that publicly declares its desire to create a Jewish majority in the Muslim Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem petitioned the Israeli courts to kick us out of our home. The Israeli court issued an eviction order in September 2014 based on testimonies of Israeli settlers that want to take over our neighborhood. They know nothing about my family and our life at home, and are blinded by hate.

I have lived through my life watching my neighbors in the Old City, and my family across Jerusalem, being slowly pushed out of the city through cooperation between settlers, the Israeli political establishment and the outcome of discriminatory judicial rulings. I have decided to remain steadfast, and need your help to ensure we're not transferred. 

Join me now in signing this petition -- we are only a few thousand away from our goal of 20,000, and every voice counts: 

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/help_me_save_my_home_mena_loc/?byOwGhb&v=70364&cl=9089981291
Your steadfast grandmother, 

Nora Sub Laban

For more information:  Last Palestinian family in Jerusalem neighborhood fear eviction at any moment
https://electronicintifada.net/content/last-palestinian-family-jerusalem-neighborhood-fear-eviction-...

Facebook Page of the Campaign
https://www.facebook.com/StopNorasEviction 

Avaaz.org is a 42-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Community Petitions Site" on 2014-06-08 using the email address algavri@gmail.com.
To ensure that Avaaz messages reach your inbox, please add avaaz@avaaz.org to your address book. To change your email address, language settings, or other personal information, contact us, or simply go here to unsubscribe.


To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).

No comments:

Post a Comment