Google+ Followers

الجمعة، 27 مارس، 2015

Saudi airstrike kills Yemeni woman, injures civilians in Sa’ada

Yemeni men carry people injured in a Saudi airstrike on the back of a vehicle in the southern Yemeni city of Aden on March 26, 2015. ©AFP
Yemeni men carry people injured in a Saudi airstrike on the back of a vehicle in the southern Yemeni city of Aden on March 26, 2015. ©AFP

An airstrike by Saudi warplanes has killed a Yemeni woman while injuring a number of civilians in Manaba district of the northwestern city of Sa’ada.
As the Saudi aggression against Yemen continued on Friday, fresh airstrikes hit the northern part of the country, including the vicinity of the city of Sa’ada.
According to the latest reports a Yemeni woman has been killed and several other civilians have been injured in the attack on Sa’ada.
The new development came after Yemeni health officials said nearly 40 civilians have lost their lives as Saudi Arabia pushes ahead with its airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement.
The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, told AFP on Friday that twelve of the 39 victims were killed when Saudi warplanes struck residential areas close to al-Samaa military base, north of the capital city of Sana’a.
The Saudi military aircraft also pounded an army brigade controlled by Ansarullah forces in Yemen’s western province of Amran as well as arms depots in the Malaheez region in the northwestern city of Sa’ada, located 240 kilometers (150 miles) north of Sana’a. 
A member of the Yemeni security forces sits above debris at the site of a Saudi airstrike against civilian targets near Sana'a Airport, March 26, 2015. ©AFP
Press TV's correspondent in the Yemeni capital, said on Friday that Saudi Arabia has reportedly given a three-day ultimatum to Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah fighters to withdraw from all political and security intuitions and key military bases in the country, and leave the capital, otherwise they will face intensified attacks.
He noted that according to Ansarullah leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi’s speech on Thursday, two fronts will be established in the country, a defensive front to preserve security in the capital, and an offensive front to counter the Saudi strikes. 
The military aggression against Yemen comes as fugitive president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, arrived in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, on Thursday night. Riyadh says it has launched the strikes to defend the “legitimate government” of Hadi upon his request.
Saudi airstrikes against the impoverished Arab country have drawn condemnation from many countries, including Iran, Iraq and Russia, as well as the Lebanese resistance movement, Hezbollah. 
The blatant invasion of Yemen’s sovereignty by Saudi government comes against a backdrop of total silence on the part of international bodies, especially the United Nations. The world body has so far failed to show any reaction whatsoever to violation of the sovereignty of one of its members by Riyadh.
SS/SS

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق