United Arab Emirates: Release Dr Nasser bin Ghaith Immediately (UA 183/15)amnestyusa.org
Economist and prominent academic Dr Nasser bin Ghaith was arrested on 18 August in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), by the country’s State Security apparatus. His whereabouts are unknown and he is at risk of torture and other ill-treatment. He is a former prisoner of conscience.
1) Please write immediately in English, Arabic, or your own language:
- Urging the UAE authorities to release Dr Nasser bin Ghaith immediately if he has been held solely for peacefully exercising his rights to freedom of expression, association, and assembly;
- Urging them to, in the meantime, disclose his whereabouts, ensure that he is protected from torture and other ill-treatment, has access to a lawyer of his choosing, his family, and any necessary medical treatment he may require.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UA 183/15” in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.